Brain imagery studies suggest that Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) is caused by dysfunctional, “stressed” frontal lobes of the brain (see this article: ADHD-fMRI-and-Frontal-Lobes.pdf).
Numerous other peer-reviewed, published studies suggest that the frontal lobe dysfunction is caused by various stressors (12 stressors presented in previous webinars – see these articles: 12-Types-of-Stress-7-Kinds-of-Toxic-Stress.pdf and 12-kinds-of-stress-to-eliminate-from-your-life).
These stressors include:
* nutritional deficiencies (e.g., mineral and essential fatty acid deficiencies),
* toxicities (e.g., lead toxicity),
* neurotransmitter imbalances which activate frontal lobe function (serotonin, dopamine),
* food allergy,
* gastrointestinal distress (mycotoxins (mold toxins) from processed carbohydrate diet induces candida overgrowth), and
* genetic vulnerabilities to all of the above.
AD/HD is easily reversible (see article: ritalin-supplements-case-study.pdf) when these risk factors are determined with functional medicine testing (now covered by insurance) and treated properly. In the webinar (May 13, 2010), brain imagery and inexpensive continuous performance neuropsychological testing, and examples of functional laboratory testing (all offered at NIHA – www.nihadc.com) is explained, so that listeners will understand that rational, science-based, safer, psychotropic-chemical-free alternatives and choices are available for everyone (parents, adults and children) suffering from AD/HD.
Also see this page: ADHD Alternative Medicine Solutions
Watch the video for further information about ADHD